Stan Tyrer wonders if anyone can identify this tool.

IMG 3405 1024x683He thinks it is some sort of depth gauge, but beyond that have no idea of its use. It has a government broad arrow marked and is dated 1941.

IMG 3408 1024x683

Hope someone can help.



#1 Peter Goodwin 2018-01-22 11:50
I think that this may be for measuring distances on a map.
I suggest comparing distance traveled with the reading to find a scaling factor.

Add comment

Security code